The EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program is an opportunity for foreign nationals interested in permanent residency in the U.S. to reside in America.
Basic Requirements of the EB-5 Program:
- The investor must start or invest in an established business or Regional Center in the U.S.
- The investor must invest $1 million USD or $500,000 USD if investing in certain regional centers in targeted employment areas.
- The investor must create 10 full-time jobs for U.S. workers.
General Information for EB-5 Investors:
- No prior business experience is required. Likewise, the investor is not required to demonstrate any minimum level of education. The only requirement for the investor is that he/she has the required net worth and capital.
- No need to speak English.
- Investor must be in good health.
- Assets invested must be lawfully gained and source of funds identified.
- Money may be gifted by a parent or relative within approved guidelines.
- Husband, wife and any of their unmarried children under the age of 21 are eligible. It is possible for adopted children to be included in the family if adopted under the age of 16.
- Once approved for the EB-5 immigrant visa, the investor receives a "conditional" Green Card, which must be reissued after two years and is subject to removal of certain conditions.
- One year and nine months after it is issued, there is a three-month window during which the investor must file another application with the USCIS to certify that all of the funds have been invested and employment created in a regional center whether directly or indirectly.
- When the conditional resident status has been lifted, full resident status is granted and a permanent Green Card is issued.
- Once you obtain a Green Card and become a legal permanent resident, you have most of the rights and obligations of a U.S. citizen, except that you cannot vote and you are not entitled to some public benefits. You are subject to the same tax filing requirements, tax rates and deductions as U.S. citizens.
- One of the most important rights legal permanent residents possess is the right to obtain U.S. citizenship after five years.
The EB-5 Regional Center Program Benefits
- A direct route to a Green Card
- No day-to-day business management
- Permanent residency in the United States for you, your partner and any children under 21
- Live, work and retire anywhere in the United States
- Become a U.S Citizen after 5 years of being a green card holder